Thursday, April 14, 2011

English novel review

My chosen novel is Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell (his real name's Eric Arthur Blair). It's on the list of prescribed texts for 2013; I really hope my English class study it for the Leaving Cert. I've read this novel before and really, really enjoyed it. Some people may say that they don't like to read books a second, third, fourth time but I think that when you re-read a book (especially ones with a complex plot) you pick up on minor details that slipped through your radar the last time you read it. I'm half-way through Part II at the moment and I'm really enjoying it. I don't want to ruin the plot for anyone else who's reading it, so I won't say too much. I love how Orwell hurls the reader into a completely different world which is so different from the world we would like to live in that it's frightening, but at the same time is not so unrealistic that it's believable. I can tell you one thing, on reading this book, your gullible levels drop as quickly as your cynicism rises!

No comments:

Post a Comment