Thursday, February 17, 2011

Drama Competition Update

Our play ('Noughts & Crosses') has gotten through to the final of the Briery Gap Drama Competition, which we entered a few weeks ago. We presumed we hadn't gotten through because we hadn't heard anything from them, but a few days ago Ms. Guilfoyle came to tell us that we're in the final. Unfortunately, we're the only play that has gotten through, so it'll just be us heading down to Cork on the 5th March. I'm as nervous as I am excited about the competition, I've never really preformed in front of an audience before. But I suppose that's what TY's all about :)
We've begun changed minor details in our play (movement, pauses, stuff like that) it's strange because things that are so simple and natural in everyday life are things you seem to forget once you walk on stage. Suddenly you have to think about where to out your arm so that you look frustrated, or to pause so that the audience think that you're thinking. It's all very technical.
I'm glad that it's all worked out so well, I really hope we win some sort of prize after coming this far :)

3 comments:

  1. Well done Noughts & Crosses. Good luck in Cork.

    Mrs L :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Niamh!!! Gavin here :D I hope I'm speaking to the right Niamh! I'm the guy you met in the courts on work experinece today! Well given that we may end up on the same college course and same class in kings in kings inns (and maybe the dail too...) I thought it'd be cool to keep in contact...
    Gavin :D

    ReplyDelete