Friday, February 4, 2011

Time flys when you're having fun

This year's third years (whether they're choosing to do it or not) are all talking about TY. It's hard to believe that this time last year, the mocks were fast approaching and we were all trying to keep on top of the decision for TY, subject choices and studying. It's already Feburary of '11 and the end of the best year in school is almost over.
The teachers are all giving us talks about different subjects, telling us what their structure is like for the LC. I must say that after doing TY, I'm a lot more calm about making my subject choices; because there's not as much stress as there was last year (not even finished one state exam and thinking about the next, not exactly pressure-free).
I'm still trying to decide which subjects to choose, but I have a fair idea. I've narrowed it all down to these five:
  1. Economics
  2. Geography
  3. Art
  4. Business
  5. History

^ That's them, in order of what I'd most like to do. I'd never done art before this year, and you only barely tip off Economics in the JC. I suppose that's why TY's been so good- it gives you a year to find new talents and things you didn't know about yourself.

For anyone who wants to do art for the LC and didn't do it for the JC, you have to draw a self portrait and a shoe or a pepper (or "something like that") to prove your ability to the art teachers. I think this is good because it lets you know if you're able for LC art or not.

For anyone who wants to do TY, I say go for it (or not.. I wouldn't mind another year of this :P). TY has been such an amazing year- but it wouldn't have been if I didn't put in so much effort. Ty is a waste of a year if you're expecting a doss, trust me. It is hard work but it's kind of fun work.. There's no rule that says you have to do your work- you just have to do it. At the start of the year it's a little hard to get used to but after a while you get into the swing of meeting deadlines and keeping all your projects afloat at once.

TY IS AWESOME

No comments:

Post a Comment